Dysmenorrhea or painful menstruation, is one of the most frequent of gynecological complaints.
Severe dysmenorrhea is most prevalent in young single women leading sedentary lives. It may occur by excess prostaglandin levels. Mostly, the pain is tolerable. In few cases it can be managed with drugs.
In older women, the pain is sometimes due to fibroids or endometriosis.
For some women, using a heat pad or taking a warm bath helps ease their cramps.
The exact cause is not known, but the following factors have been implicated in its causation.
1. Due to obstruction in cervix
2. Endocrine factors - dysmenorrhea is invariably associated ovulatory cycles.
3. Psychogenic causes like undue fears and anxiety, women with low threshold for pain.
4. Nerve pathway - it has been suggested that muscle spasm of the uterus may be a result of an imbalance of autonomic nerve supply of the uterus.
5. Intrauterine contraceptive device, like copper-T
Actaea Racemosa( Cimicifuga Racemosa): pain increased with flow; more profuse the flow, greater the pain; increased of mental symptoms during flow.
Belladonna: pains come and go suddenly; pains precede the flow; sensation as if everything would come out of vulva.
Pulsatilla: scanty flow; cutting or tearing pain in loins, lower abdomen and back; wants to be in open air; thirstlessness.
Secale Cornutum: expulsive pain as if intestines would force through vulva; flow is foul smelling, dirty looking; cold sweat; cold skin yet cannot bear to covered.
Viburnum Opulus: excruciating colic lower abdomen just preceding menses and lasting for 10-12 hours; crampy pains.
|CIMICIFUGA RACEMOSA 30C - 400 Pellets (4dm)||1013652||8907460136527|
|BELLADONNA 30C - 400 Pellets (4dm)||1007652||8907460076526|
|PULSATILLA 30C - 400 Pellets (4dm)||1035752||8907460357526|
|SECALE CORNUTUM 30C - 400 Pellets (4dm)||1039652||8907460396525|
|VIBURNUM OPULUS 30C - 400 Pellets (4dm)||1045952||8907460459527|